Having Fibromyalgia we are constantly looking for ways to control or stop the pain. Drugs always have side effects that are not always pretty, and in some cases worse than what the drug is initially taken for. I truly believe that there is a cure for every disease on this earth. We just haven’t found them yet. And I don’t mean drugs I mean a natural cure, like plants. For one thing a lot of the problems we are having we are doing to our own bodies. Eating all these processed foods has caused major problems and has contributed to the increase in the population having diabetes, depression, hypertension, obesity along with Fibromyalgia and many other chronic diseases. We have come along way in the fight against some of these chronic illnesses only to be faced with new more complexed ones.
So what do we do? Do we just go on popping pills for the symptom then pop another pill for the side effect, then crash because you feel wasted and can’t do anything because of all the drugs in your system?
Why don’t we take a different route for a change. Stop eating the processed foods. I know it won’t be easy believe me I did it and went back eating it again and now am kicking my self in the butt. But I never felt better in my life when I was off the processed foods. So I am speaking from experience. Why did I go back? Convenience and money. (An excuse I know.) Believe me it was not because of taste. It is a lot easier to pop something in the microwave than to prepare something from scratch every day. It is also more expensive to buy fruits and vegetables out of season. The cost is worth it to see how radiant your skin and hair looks, and how much energy you have with a lot less pain. (No More Excuses.)
Most of the typical foods we eat cause inflammation in our bodies including tons of sugar, red meat, all that processed food, too much fat, and so on. Your body can only control the inflammation for so long before it starts breaking down causing illness. By switching to healthy whole foods you can actually decrease inflammation and ease the pain and discomfort associated with it.
Following is an excerpt from the article Are the Foods You are Eating Keeping You in Pain? by MagneticTherapyFacts.org – Natural Pain Relief Tips
The first step is to avoid processed foods, foods high in sugar, and junk food whenever possible. Instead, choose fresh whole foods, especially anti-inflammatory varieties such as lean proteins, fruits, and vegetables. But choose carefully. Many vegetables and pre-packaged “health” foods can actually work against you. Use this handy list of the best and worst foods for controlling inflammation:
- Alaskan Salmon (wild)
- Fresh whole fruits, vegetables
- Bright multi-colored vegetables
- Green tea
- Olive oil
- Lean poultry
- Nuts, legumes and seeds
- Dark green leafy vegetables
- Old fashioned oatmeal
- Spices, especially Turmeric and Ginger
- Sugar, from any source
- Processed foods
- French Fries
- Fast Foods
- White bread
- Ice Cream
- Cheddar Cheeses
- Snack Foods
- Oils such as vegetable and corn
- Soda, caffeine and alcohol
In addition to these dietary changes it is also recommended that you:
* Maintain a healthy weight – There is no question that eating healthy is not easy nowadays, whether you’re at home or at a restaurant. But at the very least, you must try to decrease your intake of sugars and hydrogenated oils and increase your daily intake of fiber. Ideally, you should be consuming 35 grams of fiber (that is a ton of fiber, but it’s worth shooting for).
* Get better sleep – 7 to 9 hours of sleep is a must for optimal health; getting a good night’s sleep is key to controlling systemic inflammation.
* Relax more often to lower stress levels – Find time for yourself throughout the day to focus on your breathing and clear the clutter from your mind; learn to stay focused on the most important tasks in your life.
* Exercise on a regular basis – People always ask me: What’s the best exercise to do? I always tell them: Do something you like to do and, if your body can tolerate it, aim for 15-20 minutes three times a week.
If you would like to read the whole article here is the link:
Remember we have to take care of our own health because no one else will!
Have a Great Day!
- Are You Eating Foods That Heal? (atlantablackstar.com)
- Eating to Reduce Inflammation (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- A Closer Look at Processed Foods and How They Affect Your Health (easyayurveda.com)