- 75% of Americans are chronically dehydrated.
- In 37% of Americans, the thirst mechanism is so weak that it is mistaken for hunger.
- Even mild dehydration will slow down one’s metabolism as much as 3%.
- One glass of water shut down midnight hunger pangs for almost 100% of the dieters in a University of Washington study.
- Lack of water is the #1 trigger of daytime fatigue.
- Preliminary research indicates that 8-10 glasses of water a day could significantly ease joint and back pain for up to 80% of sufferers.
- A mere 2% drop in body water can trigger fuzzy short-term memory, trouble with basic math, and difficulty focusing on the computer screen or on a printed page.
- Drinking five glasses of water daily decreases the risk of colon cancer by 45%, can slash the risk if breast cancer by 79%, and 50% less likely to develop bladder cancer.
You know it is very easy to get dehydrated. Some medications can make you dehydrated without you realizing it. I actually have been on some penicillin. Some extra heavy-duty stuff I must say. I am about half way through and I am having a hard time keeping myself hydrated now. I constantly have a glass of water with me but it is difficult if you are not getting on top of the symptoms that are causing the dehydration in the first place.
Are you drinking the amount of water you should drink every day?
How about today?
Have a Great Day!